Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Pray 10

Nativity's challenge to pray ten minutes (or ten minutes more than our usual daily routine) is on. Here is my track record so far:

1. I started Sunday, and used Plan B (reading and reflecting on Scripture, along with direct conversation with God), from the Message Guide. It went well. I was on my game. Go me.

2. On Monday, things got crazy and I tried to do it while I was in bed (no Plan B, just "Kathleen's last minute plan"), right before falling asleep. Big mistake. I kept trying to wake myself up to finish "praying 10." I think it is safe to say I prayed about 4.

3. On Wednesday, I went back to using Plan B. I did it at night again, but not right before falling asleep. It went well and I think I went over ten minutes because I was less focused on the clock than before.

It has been good. It has also been a starter for family conversation about praying. A good friend of mine fell ill this week, and the "Pray 10" campaign made it easier to ask people to pray for him--"just add him to your Pray 10."

Let me know how your "Pray 10" is going. Leave me a comment below. 

Peace-

Kathleen

No comments:

Post a Comment